War Memorial Hall
The War Memorial Hall, situated on the southwest side of the Common, was funded by significant donations from local people and public subscriptions to commemorate the fallen of the Great War. It was opened on 11th November 1922 and cost £5,000 to construct. The actual construction, by the local family firm of Darvell (who donated the memorial board inside the hall), was based on the same plans as the village hall at Bovingdon.
It immediately became the centre of village life and later, in 1969, was further extended. Today the War Memorial Hall has become the centre of a wide variety of regular village activities including dance and drama, keep fit classes, indoor bowls and youth events. Horticultural shows, dog shows, literary events, art festivals, theatre productions, film club, line dancing , choral and opera societies and private functions all make full use of its many facilities.
The War Memorial Hall was extended and refurbished in 2015 and the Common Room created as an additional venue.
Chorleywood Common Room
This facility was built by the Parish Council in 2015 as an additional venue for hire. It was formed using the space previously occupied by the Caretaker’s Office and side entrance hall of the War Memorial Hall. It is now a popular venue for small meetings, keep fit classes, training and small celebratory parties and can be hired in conjunction with the larger War Memorial Hall as a useful separate reception room.
Bullsland Hall was built in 1961 by Chorleywood Urban District Council.
Following renovation in 2006, it enjoys an extended modern kitchen, good access for disabled people and double glazing.
The Parish Council run the Hall as a Charitable Trust and undertake full repairs and maintenance under a 25 year lease from the District Council.